On June 8, 2016 Pharmavite LLC issued a recall of the following Nature Made® multivitamin and B complex supplements because they have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella or Staphylococcus aureus:
Nature Made Adult Gummies Multi
- Count: 90, Lot #: 1196066, UPC Code: 0-31604-02841-1
- Count: 150, Lot #: 1196071, UPC Code: 0-31604-04172-4
- Count: 150, Lot #: 1205052, UPC Code: 0-31604-04172-4
Nature Made Adult Gummies Multi + Omega-3
- Count: 150, Lot #: 1173600, UPC Code: 0-31604-04173-1
Nature Made Adult Gummies Multi for Her Omega-3s
- Count: 100, Lot #: 1196048, UPC Code: 0-31604-04236-3
- Count: 150, Lot #: 1196050, UPC Code: 0-31604-04275-2
Nature Made Super B Complex w/C & Folic Acid Tablets
- Count: 140, Lot #: 1173779, UPC Code: 0-31604-02727-8
- Count: 460, Lot #: 1170987, UPC Code: 0-31604-02728-5
- Count: 460, Lot #: 1204735, UPC Code: 0-31604-02728-5
- Count: 360, Lot #: 1173146, UPC Code: 0-31604-02729-2
- Count: 360, Lot #: 1204001, UPC Code: 0-31604-02729-2
Salmonella is an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Salmonella infection can produce fever, diarrhea (which may be bloody), nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain. In rare circumstances, infection with Salmonella can result in the organism getting into the bloodstream and producing more severe illnesses such as arterial infections (i.e., infected aneurysms), endocarditis and arthritis.
Staphylococcus aureus can cause food poisoning, the onset of which can be rapid, and in many cases, acute, depending on the amount of toxin ingested and other factors. Common symptoms include nausea, vomiting, retching, abdominal cramping, and prostration, and in more severe cases, headache, muscle cramping, and transient changes in blood pressure and pulse can occur.
The recalled products were distributed nationwide to various major retailers.
Consumers who have purchased these supplements should not consume them and may return to the place of purchase for a full refund.
See Pinoypharmacy.com's Reviews of Multivitamin and Multimineral Supplements and B Vitamin Supplements for tests of related products.
See Related Warnings:
Clif Bars Recalled Due to Listeria Risk
Nutrition Bars Recalled Due to Allergen Risk
Nutrition Bars Recalled Due to Potential Salmonella Contamination
Nutrition Bars Recalled Due to Salmonella Risk
Chocolate and Carob Drink Mix Recalled Due To Salmonella Risk
Carob Powder Recalled
Protein Drink Mix Recalled Due to Salmonella Risk
For more information about this recall, use the red link below.