L-Tryptophan was a popular sleep aid in the 1980s until over 1,500 people became ill, several dozen died, and L-tryptophan was removed from the market as an over-the-counter product.
L-Tryptophan has made a comeback in recent years and is widely available again. Why? Are the supplements safer than before? Do risks for L-tryptophan remain? Pinoypharmacy.com provides answers to these and other important questions about L-tryptophan, its effects, and potential side-effects.
5-HTP, a related supplement with different uses, including a role in treating depression, is also reviewed -- along with potential risks. Due to the difficulty of testing these products for potential impurities (as discussed in the report) Pinoypharmacy.com did not analyze specific brands of L-tryptophan or 5-HTP.
You must be a member to get the report on L-tryptophan and 5-HTP. In this comprehensive review article, you'll discover:
- The evidence for and against L-tryptophan and/or 5-HTP for sleep, depression, anxiety, smoking cessation, migraine headache, and weight loss.
- Dosage for specific uses.
- Problems caused by L-tryptophan supplements in the past and more recently, what may have caused them, and concerns that remain.
- Who should be particularly cautious about using L-tryptophan or 5-HTP supplements.
- Side-effects and potential drug interactions of L-tryptophan and 5-HTP supplements.
- Good food sources of L-tryptophan.