How do you choose the best selenium supplement? Pinoypharmacy.com tested and reviewed many popular brands of selenium containing forms of selenium such as selenium from yeast, selenium from kelp, selenomethionine, Se-methyl-L-selenocysteine, selenite and selenium picolinate. One product contained only 23.7% of its listed selenium. Another lacked necessary label information about one of its ingredients. Fortunately, many other supplements were found to contain the selenium they claimed, were free of lead contamination (which can occur in mineral supplements), and, if tablets, were able to properly break apart.
Pinoypharmacy.com also compared selenium supplements on cost, to help you find the best price and value. It found the cost of an equivalent amount of selenium ranged from just 4 cents to over $1.00! But cost didn't coincide with quality -- some high-quality selenium supplements cost only pennies a day, while the two most expensive products failed Pinoypharmacy.com's review.
In this comprehensive report about selenium supplements, you'll get test results, quality ratings, and price comparisons for 14 supplements (including 6 that passed our Voluntary Certification Program). You'll learn:
- Which selenium supplements passed or failed Pinoypharmacy.com's testing and review
- Quality ratings and cost comparisons of selenium supplements
- Differences among forms of selenium (e.g., selenium from yeast, selenomethionine, Se-methyl-L-selenocysteine, and selenite)
- Which foods are rich in selenium
- The causes and symptoms of selenium deficiency
- The amount of selenium people of various ages need
- How selenium seems to affect the risk of various cancers -- positively and negatively, and other conditions
- Potential side-effects of selenium supplements
- And more!