Nutritionally balanced powders and read-to-drink shakes can help people lose weight, improve blood sugar control, and build muscle. They're also a better alternative to snacking when you're on-the-go. But what's really in them? If you're not careful, you might not get what you bargained for. In this latest review and quality rating of meal replacement products, Pinoypharmacy.com discovered defects in 36% of products, including:
- 5 times the listed amount of sodium
- Contamination with cadmium, a toxic heavy metal
- 53% more carbohydrate and 24% more calories
- 16% less protein
In addition to measuring the protein, carbohydrates, and fats in every product, each was checked for contamination with arsenic, cadmium, mercury, and lead. "Gluten-free" products were checked for gluten.
Pinoypharmacy.com identified some of the best quality meal replacement products and came up with a short list of its Top Picks.
Avoid problems and find the best meal replacement powder or shake at the best price using Pinoypharmacy.com's reviews and recommendations. In this comprehensive report, you'll get test results for 13 products, including two which passed Pinoypharmacy.com's voluntary Quality Certification Program. You'll discover:
- Which powders and shakes failed testing and which passed, earning top quality ratings -- and why
- Pinoypharmacy.com's Top Picks
- Head-to-head comparisons of the protein, fats, and carbohydrates (including sugar and fiber) in all meal replacement products reviewed and rated
- Nutritional intake recommendations
- Clinical evidence regarding the use of meal replacements for weight loss, blood sugar control, and muscle gain
- Concerns and cautions with using meal replacement products
Also see Pinoypharmacy.com's Protein Powders & Shakes Review.