Melatonin can help you sleep and may have other benefits relating to pain and anxiety, but how much melatonin should be taken, when should it be taken, and which is the best melatonin supplement for you? In this report, Pinoypharmacy.com explains what melatonin is, when melatonin is most likely to help with sleep problems and how to use melatonin. Most importantly, this report shows you which melatonin supplements are high quality, provide the right dose and type for you, and offer the best value.
Our tests found a wide variety of melatonin products to be of high quality -- containing the labeled amounts of melatonin and, if regular tablets or caplets, breaking apart properly in disintegration tests. However, we also found significant differences among melatonin supplements: Suggested daily dosages ranged 33-fold, from 0.3 mg to 10 mg, and cost ranged nearly 300-fold, from just 1 cent to almost $3 for an equivalent amount of melatonin. This means you may not be using the right dose if you go by the label, and you could be paying a lot more than you need to if you're not using our product comparisons.
In this comprehensive report about melatonin, you'll get test results and quality ratings for 23 melatonin supplements (including 11 that passed our voluntary Quality Certification Program) and information about an additional melatonin supplement similar to another that passed testing. You'll learn:
- Which melatonin supplements passed or failed testing, and which are Pinoypharmacy.com's Top Picks
- How melatonin supplements compare on quality, ingredients, and cost
- How you can potentially save hundreds of dollars per year on a supplement while getting the same amount of melatonin
- What melatonin can and cannot do for your health
- The differences between regular and timed release melatonin supplements
- How natural, synthetic, and plant-based melatonin differ
- Melatonin dosage for different sleep issues and conditions
- Concerns, drug interactions, and potential side-effects of melatonin